I do! I do!
Hello tumblr world. Long time no post (well more then pictures of my bebe, he is pretty cute, huh?).
Run on over to my new blog site, and like it? Please <3
Make it happen xoxo
So today is beautiful in the sunny city of Chicago. A bit cold, but nothing an extra layer won’t fix. But today was one of those days I got up early, ate an egg puff, hung out with the hubby and decided a needed a nap (all before 9 a.m.) I’d like to blame it on the baby, lol but I think this is just one of those “its Saturday you can start your day, whenever you want, days” - Anywho, I’m getting it started and thought I’d check in with you guys to 1) see how you are doing 2) see what you are up to today and 3) give you some of my thoughts for the week.
So how are you? What are you up to today?
My thoughts of the week start here:
1) Baby: He is (yes it is a he! I realized I never posted my gender reveal cupcake OPENED!) pretty active these days! We saw the doctor Monday, who said everything is awesome! We are now 22 weeks a long, little Evan and I. He keeps his kicks pretty much for my feeling only, a hand on the belly is like “Ok! Time to stop moving!” in his eyes… & I’m totally serious (ask my less then thrilled with this, husband).
2) Life: My life is great right now! Staying positive, getting in some fitness and preparing for life after baby fitness (which I know I have 18 weeks until baby comes and then several weeks after that until I can jump into something, but hey this is what I do!). Any suggestions? I’m thinking Zumba, Insanity (after I get some endurance back), bodyrock, and general at home weight training (Oh and LOTS and LOTS of walking with my nugget in is lil stroller!).
I’m also trying to blog more, I found a blogger I LOVE! (www.fitnessista.com) and I would really like to adopt some of her ideas! So I’m thinking I need a new blog platform that has better access for readers (so you don’t have to be a tumblr user to respond) what do you think? any suggestions here? They will be MUCH appreciated, also does any one know if I can transfer blogs from here to another site?
Further, I’m working on embracing this new prego body! I have struggled the last several weeks with my changing body. Some people love the changes of pregnancy, and I WISH I was one of those people! But I am going to work on getting there, really, I am. But right now I feel like my body isn’t my body. It is totally Evans world. I’m worrying about strechmarks (which if they come, should be viewed as awesome battle scars, really I’m trying), excess weight gain (even though I’m around 12-14 lbs extra which is totally normal), and not feeling attractive (this is totally in my head as I’m lucky no ache, swelling or any pain or weirdness) although I really think my butt, boobs and thighs are totally thicker. I’m still in pre-prego clothes (using the bella band and the hair tie loop jean trick) but they are becoming uncomfortable (those damn metal hooks on pretty work pants are not comfy against skin!) so I think it is time to bite the bullet on some maternity pants….
3) Food: This week food has been awesome! Lots of salads, egg puffs (yum!), peanut butter and banana, and some fun smoothies! What are your top eats this week?
4) MY PUPPY! Well, he is 2. haha but today we are going to get in some quality Jen & Oso time kinda like this:
Can’t wait to hear from you guys! Happy Saturday!
This week was a weird one. My emotions have sorta been up and down. One minute I feel like superwoman (tons of energy ready to take on major tasks) and then 30 seconds later I want to hit the sack. It is really so not like me. My couch has been a good friend, that never happens. I’m a busy person and like to be out and about but this week I was just not myself, so weird.
- Food this week has been great though. I bought a huge spring/baby spinach mix at Costco that lasted all week for my lunch salads. They were awesome, red bell peppers eggs or chicken for protein, 1/4 avocado and some pasteurized feta cheese with some light Greek vinaigrette dressing. I made my famous (well Martha’s favorite, see below) walnut crusted chicken and Hector treated me to spaghetti and meatballs… Yum! Eggs have been a staple this week, like most weeks because they just are so versatile and easy. I also started doing my protein shakes again which make me super happy and sugary satisfied. I even ate sweet potatoes last night, which used to be a fav fav until I got all prego and stuff and they were on the “no, get that the hell away from me list”…
- Fitness this week - Has been pretty normal, made it to the gym, did my weight training and even had touches of soreness which I don’t mind at all! I’m starting my prenatal yoga practice this weekend, I’m going to try to make it a morning ritual and just get up 45 minutes earlier. I miss my practice and the peace it gave me, and with my new found energy I should be able to Jump right back in… Are you keeping up routines?
- Baby stuff!! - Yeah I can’t help but write about this little thing squirming around (right now as I write this, I felt a nudge!!!). I have been spending so much time researching, reviewing and thinking about baby stuff that I couldn’t even tell you what I’ve learned. A wonderful co-worker gave me a few books on baby food making (of course I’m cooking for my lil bean) and I’m pretty stoked to just review them. I also got “What to Expect the First Year” and may treat myself to a breastfeeding book on my Kindle this weekend. It has been fun getting the gear and next week we find out if we are Team Pink or Blue and then the nursery stuff can get kicked into a higher gear! <3 - Amazon has been my go-to place… and I really suggest checking out MyHabit.com I ordered this JJ Cole Bundle me in the dark brown to match our Java Peg Perego Stroller/Car Seat.
- Today we are making it a out and about day to enjoy this weird Chicago Feb. weather… Then coming home and getting our purge on… Like seriously just getting rid of stuff (books, magazines and old clothes) So until later today… <3